What is Shoes That Fit?
Shoes That Fit is a non-profit organization created to easily and quickly get new shoes and clothing to school children in need. Shoes That Fit can make a real difference to the children at our local schools, helping them concentrate on their studies rather than on their circumstances. See www.shoesthatfit.org for information about the national organization.
The Bonita Springs, Florida, local chapter of the Shoes That Fit program was established in 2004. We are currently sponsoring ten schools in the Bonita Springs area:
- Bonita Springs Elementary
- Pinewoods Elementary
- Rayma C. Page Elementary
- Spring Creek Elementary
- Three Oaks Elementary
- Estero High School
Since we started the program volunteers have donated over 100,000 articles of clothing and 5,000 pairs of shoes to needy school children in the Bonita Springs area.
How does it work?
The school identifies the children in need and provides the correct shoe and clothing sizes.
- Needed items are purchased by individuals or sponsoring group.
- The items are packaged and delivered to the school.
- The school distributes the shoes and clothes to the children.
How can you participate?
- Make a financial donation.
- Purchase items yourself to outfit children for school. Contact us for details such as sizes, items needed, etc.
- Host a fundraiser such as a luncheon, tea, golf outing, or other event to help raise funds for local school children.
What can the Bonita Springs Chapter of Shoes That Fit do for you?
- Businesses that sponsor or support Shoes That Fit will be listed on this web site of our local chapter.
- We provide volunteer opportunities
How do families apply for assistance from this program?
- The child must be enrolled at one of the participating elementary schools, as listed above.
- The parent/guardian must complete a request form provided by the school.
- All information is completely confidential.
The Leggett Shoe Foundation charges no administrative fees.